Angela Retano, RN, MS
Nurse Practitioner Psychiatry
Qualifications and Highlights
- New York State Licensed Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry (NPP) with prescribing authority (Independent practice >3600 hours)
- Board Certified Adult Mental Health and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, New York University College of Nursing (Magna Cum Laude)
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing, New York University College of Nursing Certificate in Adult Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Institute for Psychoanalytic Education affiliated with New York University School of Medicine
- Candidate in Training, Adult Psychoanalysis, Institute for Psychoanalytic Education affiliated with New York University School of Medicine
Publications and Presentations
- Rolin, D., Goen, D., Margiotta, S., Retano, A. (2016). Ending the Identity Crisis: The Resurrection of Psychotherapy in Contemporary PMH-APRN Practice. Presented at the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA) 30th Annual Convention on October 22, 2016 in Hartford CT.
- Retano, A (2012). APRN Consensus Model including L.A.C.E.: Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask. American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA-NYS) and the New York State Office of Mental Health Nursing Organization 4th Annual Conference. Malta, N.Y., June 8, 2012.
- Oleck, L., Retano, A., Tebaldi, C., McGinness, T., Weiss, S., Carbray, J., … McCoy, P. (2011). Advanced practice psychiatric nurses legislative update: State of the States, 2010. Journal of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association. March/April, 17 (2), 171-188.
- Mosenthal, A.C., Murphy, P.A., Barker, L.K., Lavery, R., Retano, A., & Livingston, D.H (2008). Changing culture around end of life care in the trauma intensive care unit. The Journal of Trauma, Injury and Critical Care. 64(8), 1587-1593.
- Kaufman, J., Birmaher, B., Clayton, S., Retano, A., & Wongchaowart, B. (1997). Case study: Trauma related Hallucinations. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 36(11), 1602 1605.
- American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA)
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA)